Friday, December 7, 2012

Dr. Seuss Inspired Birthday

I'm always trying to be creative for each of my son's birthdays. I have to say this particular birthday really brought out the "Wonka" in me.  Every detail was exciting, surprising and whimsical.

If you want to be creative, stay in part a child, with the creativity and invention that characterizes children before they are changed by adult society. ~Jean Piaget


Dr. Seuss themed buffet table.








Swedish fish, pop chips, gold fish, swirled cookies and skittles all reminiscent of a Dr. Seuss book.


Cat in the Hat cupcakes.  These were my red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  You can find the recipe here.




Save the best for last.  A Seuss inspired...


rainbow cake!



The kids had a wonderful day and each child left with a 'Cat in the Hat' hat!

Probably the most fun I've had at a child's birthday party and I am happy it was my son's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

picasa thingy